Tricky Translations: ’80s Pop
Ten famous pop songs from the 1980s have been orally translated into a foreign language and back again. Can you identify the original titles and artists? To help you out, the songs are listed in alphabetical order.
- Baton Sturdy Cotton Fabric
- Fiery Sad Congress
- Lure Yes Low-Fat
- Fate Lizard
- Adore Hovel
- Massage Anyone This Evening
- Excellent Anomaly
- Unsalted Ambitions
- Epoch Later Than Seasoning
- Ambulatory Operating Daylight
Scroll down for the answers!
- “Billie Jean” – Michael Jackson
- “Burning Down the House” – Talking Heads
- “Come On Eileen” – Dexys Midnight Runners
- “Karma Chameleon” – Culture Club
- “Love Shack” – The B-52s
- “Need You Tonight” – INXS
- “Super Freak” – Rick James
- “Sweet Dreams” – Eurythmics
- “Time After Time” – Cyndi Lauper
- “Walking on Sunshine” – Kristina & the Waves
The puzzlemonster. Lifelong puzzle maker, animal lover, total nerd. Husband to Android developer.